Kashmir is a beautiful place full of mountains, valleys and lakes. Popular, not just in India but also in the whole world, tourists come to this amazing destination to de-stress themselves. Offering some of the great views and some amazing trails, it has also become famous for the umpteen trails and treks that it offers. Sports and adventurous enthusiasts find it great to explore the trek accompanied by some breath-taking views. And to top it, there are lakes, mesmerising valleys and a whole deal of natural ambience that will sway you to another world.
Though Kashmir is generally visited during the summer months, as a retreat from the scorching summers, a trek is a must when planning a Kashmir trip package. A fit regime will surely be an additional boon to the set-up, empowering you with extra zeal. Generally, there are professionals to guide you through the entire trail exploring the various facets. So, if you are planning for one, here is a list of five different treks in Kashmir that are sure to enthral your mind and body as you embark on the journey. Read on to know about them.
- Aharbal Kounsarnag Trek- One of the oldest yet exciting treks in Kashmir is the Aharbal Kounsarnag Located beautifully in the Kulgam district of the mesmerizing Kashmir Valley, a highlight of the spot is its picturesque views including the River Vaishau. The trek is as beautiful as the starting point which begins from Aharbal Lake. Touted as the “Niagara Fall ” of Kashmir, Anarbal Lake is a beauty in itself. Take some photo’s while here as you embark on the journey of trek. The trail covers Dal Lake, Mughal Gardens, Aharbal, Mahinag and the Kounsarnag lake, offering umpteen things to indulge in. The week-long trek will surely enthral you giving you memories for a lifetime.
- Kashmir Alpine Lakes Trek- A popular and unique trek, the trail of which includes a lot of lakes is sometimes also known as the “Kashmir Great Lakes Trek”. Enroute, you will find colourful orchids, patches of meadows and umpteen number of lakes as you rise from 2723 meters in Sonamarg to 4300 meters in Lul Gul pass. Witness the beauty of Vishansar Lake, Gadsar, Gangbal and Yamsar Lake. On your way you might also witness some glaciers. Toured by trained guides, the trek is a great adventure activity for all sports enthusiasts.
- Tasar Masar Trek- Looking for a trek, which is not much difficult and at the same time, offers great camping opportunities, the Tasar Masar trek is your perfect pick. You get to go all through the perimeter of the Tasar and Sundersar, giving you ample views of the same lake from different angles. The trail will take you from the village of Aru to Lidderwat in a five-day span. Sprawl through green mountains of the Shekhawas to the pristine alpine lakes and treasure some great memories with your loved ones.
- Kashmir Great Lakes Trek- A moderate to difficult trek, the Kashmir Great Lakes trek is one of the wonderful treks that will give you a great view to the beauty of the hidden Kashmir Valley. Located at a mere distance of 75 kilometres from Srinagar. Get a 360 degrees view of the rugged mountains, green pastures and blue alpine lakes as you trek your way up. And yes you will also get the view of seven great lakes with some extremely unique valleys that are just amazing. Every view is breath-taking and postcard perfect in terms of capturing it.
- Kolahoi Glacier trek- One of the most unique treks, which the locals name it as the “Goddess of Light”, kolahoi glacier trek promises a unique experience of its own. The trail is also very exciting and offers more than 25 stunning alpine lakes that can be viewed and enjoyed on your way up. The best time to plan this trek is somewhere between the months of March and October where the climate is pleasant and the ambience is ideal to feast your eyes on the beautiful nature. Kolahoi is famous for its hanging glacier which is one of its kinds and experiencing it via a trek amplifies its beauty. Considered moderate in nature, do try out this amazing trail that will surely send a chill down your spine.