There is no wonder that your computer is freezing but the main point is that why it is freezing so frequently and why it is slowing down your computer speed. There can be so many possible reasons causing this error. If you are using Norton antivirus then there might be chances that it is conflicting with your system’s settings. There are some errors like Norton error 8504 104 and Norton error 8504 that can freeze your computer.
But you don’t have to worry about this anymore because, in this blog, we are going to tell you how to optimize your PC and how to fix Norton 8504 104 error.
Why Computer is Freezing
Here are some general reasons that we are going to tell you about.
- Check your Mouse
Sometimes we think that our system is frozen but in reality, the system might not get any response from your side even after hitting any keyword our mouse key. This thing happens only when the wire of the mouse or keyboard might be broken or damaged.
You hit some keys from the keyboard but the system didn’t respond why because actually system didn’t get any command from you. So, if you are facing such an issue then you must check the batteries of your wireless accessories and wires of your wired mouse and keyboard.
If you are submitting requests more than your system’s limit then your processor will heat up. This heating cause system failure and the system slow down. There can be another reason that any wire is hitting your fan that why it is not able to run properly. This thing can also cause system overheating.
Continuously ensure that your PC’s vents are not impeded. There are likewise programs accessible to screen the temperatures in Windows out of gear and burden, that would assist you with distinguishing the overheating when it introduces itself.
- Software Errors
Your software can also slow down your PC. You can install the software which you like but make sure that your PC can handle the process and load of the program. The most common thing is the e-games. If you have installed games that need higher performance that your PC’s configuration then your PC will freeze or it can also crash.
- Computer Viruses
There are huge chances that your PC is affected by some viruses or malware. If you click on any spam link or if you plug in any infected pen drive in your system then there are chances that your system will also get infected until and unless you have not installed any software that can save your PC from viruses.
- Norton Error 8504 104
If you want to remove the Norton error 8504 and others too then you have to follow the steps mentioned below. But before proceeding towards the steps, you should have a working Norton account and an activated Norton product so that you can easily resolve the issue on your PC. So.without wasting more time, let’s get started and fix the Norton error 8504 and 104.
Step 1: Remove other Antivirus from PC
- To make things easier, first of all, remove other software that is related to PC’s security and protection so that Norton antivirus does not reflect with other software on the PC.
- Press Win+R and now type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter.
- Now, a window will popup and you will be able to see a list of the programs that are installed on your PC.
- Select the Antivirus/Free Security tool and click on Uninstall/Remove program.
- Follow the instructions on your computer screen to remove the particular program.
- When the uninstallation process has been done, restart your PC.
Step 2: Use Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
- If you think that going to list and removing the software is time taking and confusing that you can use this Norton Remove and Reinstall tool to make things easy.
- To use this software first you have to visit Norton’s official website and download the software.
- Now, go to your download folder and install the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- After installing the software, you have to go to the advanced option and click on Remove only.
- Click on Remove, and restart the system.
Step 3: Update Graphics Card
- Your graphics card can also conflict with the Norton antivirus, so it can also cause Norton error 8504 and 104. So, you can update your graphics driver to solve the issue.
- Right-click on My Computer, go to Manage, now click on Device Manager then go to Display adapters or you can also use a shortcut, press Win+R, and type devmgmt.dsc and hit Enter.
- Now double click on Display adapters and right-click on HD graphics card.
- Click on Update Driver Software.
- Now restart your PC and check again.
Step 4: Update your System’s device drivers
There are some chances that your PC’s drivers are not up to date. Yes, you are connected to the internet every time but some drivers are there which we have to update manually, and these outdated drivers can cause some error on your system. So update them now to avoid such an issue on your system.
Driver Update Tools like Driver Doc are recommended by experts to automate the entire process of updating the device drivers.
Step 5: Using Norton AutoFix Tool
If the above steps are not able to solve your problem then you can use this tool to remove the Norton error 8504 automatically. To fix Norton error 8504 automatically you have to download the Norton AutoFix Tool from the official website of Norton.
After downloading the tool, run the tool, and follow the instructions. This tool will automatically detect the issue and will also resolve it. There is no need for your interference in the process, so sit back, and let the tool do its work.
These are some steps, which are surely going to help you to fix Norton error 8504 and 104. Still, if you are not able to troubleshoot the error then you can contact our experts to solve this error. We are available for you to 24*7, which means you can call us at night as well as in daytime time too.
Type of Norton Error 8504
You are not getting Norton Error 8504, right? But your prompt screen has 8504 in the box, do not worry we are mentioning some errors which are the same or the part of Norton 8504 104.
- Norton error 8504 0
- Norton error 8504 5
- Norton error 8504 and 104
- Norton error 8504 and 100
- Norton Error 8504 102
- Norton Error 8504 106
- Norton Error Code 8504 101
These are error definitions that might be appearing on your PC screen. There are chances that you are seeing more than one error, but you don’t have to worry about it, because here we are going to tell you how to solve all these errors in very simple steps.
Here you can find the answer if you were searching resolution for these problems then you’re at the right destination, get answers for – Norton error 8504 0, Norton 360 error 8504 and 104, Norton Autofix error 8504 and 100, Norton Autofix error 8504 and 102, Norton error unable to continue, Norton error 8504 and 101, what is Norton error 8504 and 104, Norton error 8504 106, what is Norton error 8504 5, what is Norton error 8504 0, fix Norton error 8504, and what does Norton error 8504 mean.