A resume is like your ticket to entering the corporate space of any organization. You need to ensure that your resume is the best-looking paper that can get you one step closer to your dream job. Whether you write your resume yourself or approach a Resume Writing Company, a makeover is a must to ensure that there is no stone left unturned in your job search. You need to ensure that your first impression is a solid one.
When there is a piece of paper that is defining you professionally, you should make sure it is perfect. Check out some tips that even professional resume writing services will not give you on how you can give your resume a makeover in the best way possible:
- Change is Good: When applying for a job, make sure that you do not use the same resume for everyone, in fact, try to customize your resume for each company you apply at. The details should be unique to the job you are applying to, and no, we aren’t asking you to change the entire sheet of paper, just a few changes here and there.
- Stat it Up: Instead of writing long lines about your job responsibilities, switch to numbers. A resume writing company always adds numbers and percentages for you, so that the recruiter can immediately look at the numbers and be able to see your capabilities without spending too much time. If you can, highlight them so that they are the first thing to pop when a recruiter takes a look at your resume.
- Designer Resume: One thing that you do not want your resume to look is ugly. When you opt for resume writing services, the first thing they work on is the look and feel of the resume. No, we aren’t talking about fancy borders and bold colors, instead, we are talking about simple usage of fonts, line breaks between two sections, some white space for the resume to look clean, a font that is professional, but slightly different.
- No room for errors: One thing that your resume does not need to have is random errors here and there. Give your resume that makeover and ensure that it is free from grammatical errors, typos, and silly spelling mistakes. If you can, get your resume cross-checked by a grammar savvy, so that you are sure that your resume does not have errors like that. You can even opt for resume writing services to make the job easier for you.
- Less is More: You do not need to mention stories in your resume. When giving your resume a makeover, try to cut short the longer paragraphs and convert it into smaller, relevant bullet points. Get a resume writing company to skim your resume for you, and only leave needed information, use subheadings, cut short into two pages (which is the maximum), no one has the time to read a 5 pager.
- Everything’s in an email id: Email ids when provided in the resume need to be as professional as they can get. Do not use email ids like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, even if you have such ids, make a new one with professional id so that the recruiter knows you are serious about getting a job.
Get Set Resumes has been providing professional resume writing services for close to a decade now to professionals in India and across the globe. Our range of services is tailor-made to cater to the needs of professionals and help them get a step closer to their dream jobs.