Wayfinding is a concept as old as time, and just like every other concept, it is going through digital evolution. Hence the innovation of digital signage; involves the usage of large screens showing directions.
Types Of Digital Wayfinding Signs
There are three common types of digital signage, and this is what businesses consider before based on the financial investment available for this much-needed small business resource.
- Static Wayfinding Systems: This is digital wayfinding in its simplest and cheapest form. It displays directions through your facility on an electronic map. This solution permits you to incorporate advertising content into your navigation system.
- Interactive Wayfinding Systems: This type of digital wayfinding system is personalized for the user. It allows the user to interact with the navigation system through touch screens and possibly voice directions. It can guide a visitor through a facility from point A to point B precisely while engaging the user.
- 3D WayfindingSystems: This is the most expensive and complex wayfinding solution that has been developed yet. It picked up the pace of development in this field and combined features of both the static and interactive wayfinding systems. It makes use of visual impact to maximize the user experience.
What A Good Digital Wayfinding System Will Add To Your Business
The cost of digital wayfinding can make you shaky in your decision to integrate it as part of your business facility. However, you can consider the value of a good wayfinding system as seen here as it adds to your business to help you make a decision. Here are three key values that a digital wayfinding sign adds to a business and its facilities.
- Simplicity: Wayfinding systems are assistive technology that immediately helps new visitors find their way around your building or business facility. Regardless of the complex technology used to create a wayfinding system, the key point is to foster simplicity and user-friendliness. Imagine a fresher on his college campus trying to locate his residential building, and it will be much easier to locate an information kiosk than to look for the most approachable stranger to ask for directions.
- Accessibility: It makes your business more accessible to customers and prospects. This is very crucial for businesses trying to remain sustainable beyond COVID-19. When using static wayfinding systems, you can integrate advertising content that will draw the attention of your target market. It doesn’t have to end at just marketing and making sales. You can also make it more accessible when you include how to find a staff of the organization, restrooms, exits, etc.
- Integration: Digital wayfinding systems will bridge the gap between the physical workplace and the digital environment of an organization. Just as in digital marketing, where you can reach out to prospects via various digital channels, the wayfinding system will integrate technology into your processes, making it easier to complete different stages of the marketing pipeline.
The digital age is upon us, and it is more glaring with the frequent launch of new technologies, systems, and products in various fields. Digital wayfinding systems are one of the developing technologies and are being used more widely in airports, medical facilities, hotels and resorts, malls, etc.
Every business will eventually have to consider different types of digital wayfinding systems to suit the organization in terms of value and cost.