Are you witnessing the happenings of the digital world? The perks of digital marketing are no surprise to anyone. Some brands are using social media to captivate audiences, while others are developing shopping websites. It acts as a digital storefront where visitors come, surf around, add products to cart, and checkout. Unlike physical outlets, these stores are open round the clock and entertain people worldwide. But the question is, how to get people to visit your digital store?
You can add your website link lifting to social media to attract followers, but what about people searching on Google? Unsurprisingly, most people use Google when they want to purchase products and services. And your absence on the search engine can cost you many potential customers. Although search engine optimization (SEO) can be tricky, optimizing a website has become inevitable. It will put your site in front of every person searching for products similar to your offerings.
Before calling the shots, learn how things work on the search engine. Familiarize yourself with crucial ranking factors – backlinks, visual content, mobile-friendliness, to secure your position on the top results. After all, you will be competing with hundreds of other websites. If you are new to this SEO world, let us show you the ropes. Here are some website optimization and backlink tracking tips.
1. Build Quality Links
Even in the 21st century, backlinks are among the top-ranking factors. They are external links that direct people towards your webpage. Since Google is becoming smarter at identifying and devaluing spammy links, you have to ensure backlinks come from credible sites. In case you are unfamiliar with backlink tracking tips, have a look below.
As essential it is to earn backlinks, it is equally crucial to keep tabs on them. If you don’t have a tool for analyzing backlinks, go here and download a credible backlink checker. It will spot new links coming to your site while giving alerts whenever a backlink gets deleted. Likewise, it displays all data on lost backlinks, helping you win them back. Here are some ways to track backlinks.
- Identify all links coming to your site and their linking domains.
- Learn about the authoritative referring domains and find them in your link profile. Create a separate folder for links coming from respective pages.
- Recognize the ‘type’ of backlink. You might be getting a badge or editorial links. Likewise, some links might come from webinars, guest posts, email, business profiles, etc.
- Start categorizing them into their types to determine the most significant backlinking source.
- See which pages have the most backlinks and get rid of all broken links.
Once your backlinking strategy is in order, delve into your competitor’s marketing and PR strategy. Feel free to compare your backlink profile with a dominant competitor. The analytical tools can draw up charts and graphs to give a better understanding of trends. Here a few things you have to look into while tracking your competitor’s links.
- Find competitors’ most authoritative linking domains.
- Compare sub-domain pages to identify your pain points and overcome them immediately.
- Track your competitors’ link building efforts to gather some brilliant ideas from their strategies.
- You can also utilize different metrics to determine who has a more robust backlink profile.
Believe it or not, but a sound link building strategy can upscale your entire SEO campaign while optimizing your site.
2. Focus On Core Web Vitals
Google’s ultimate goal is to deliver the best user experience. In 2021, ‘website page experience’ is likely to become an algorithm. According to Google, loading speed, visual stability, and interactivity are three core web vitals, which means every website must optimize for it. Hence, assess your webpage’s loading speed and ensure it doesn’t take more than three seconds to load.
Can users interact with your page? The second web core vital – first input delay will help you measure the time it takes for a user to engage with your interface. Monitor how many seconds a user takes to choose an option from the menu or enter an email address. Lastly, examine your site’s visual stability to ensure elements don’t move around when users surf through the webpage.
3. Use Scheme Markups
Schema markup is a code that marketers add to the website to help the search engine provide relevant results. These codes use microdata to give context to a webpage and improve the search experience. So, why not use schema markups for website optimization? Since there is a different markup for every content type, select your data. It could be an article, blog post, book review, or even a software application. Once you insert schema markup to your website, it will create a ‘rich snippet’ on search results. In addition to the meta description, it can show your page’s ratings, reviews, and some rich content insights.
4. Understand User Intent
Are you targeting keywords? Keyword research plays a crucial role in website optimization. More than search volume, you have to evaluate the user intent while optimizing your website. If you are selling handbags, you might be thinking of targeting keywords like ‘best handbags’ or ‘women handbags.’ Although these are the searcher’s favorite keywords, ranking for them is not a piece of cake. Thus, invest your resources for assessing user intent.
Besides long-tail keywords, use words like ‘handbag reviews’ or ‘best handbags in California.’ Users looking for reviews intend to buy, and by targeting suitable keywords, you can help them complete the purchase decision.
5. Explore Technical SEO
Although the idea of performing technical SEO for website optimization can seem challenging, it is essential. You can leverage SEO tools to conduct an audit, recognize the underlying problems, and interpret the data. For starters, check the following things.
- Mobile-Friendliness: Ensure there are no potential zooming in and out errors when accessing the website on mobile phones.
- Status Code Errors: Check if the webpage is showing ‘404 error’ in any of the pages and fix them immediately.
- Indexing: Use the Google search console to examine indexing issues and make sure the spiders can crawl to your webpage readily.
- Duplicate Tags: Get rid of all duplicate title and meta description tags.
- Sitemap: Submit your sitemap to provide a roadmap to Google spiders.
From restaurants, recommendations, software providers to products – people rely on search engines to find everything. Regardless of business offerings, your target audience would search for products and services similar to yours on Google. If you want to captivate those people to your website, devise a seamless SEO strategy. Understand the search intent, track backlinks, use schema, and keep up with web vitals to get your webpage on the top results.