In this age of communication and technological evolution, businesses have several ways to communicate with their customers. But there is no substitute for emails. While emails enable efficient communication, sending them in bulk can be a tedious task for a company on any given day.
An email API can ease the workload to a large extent in this regard. Whether you need to send transactional emails or bulk emails, it can save you time and hassle.
Unless you are tech-savvy, you may not know what email APIs are all about. While they constitute automation tools to send different kinds of emails to customers, there is more to its meaning than what appears on the surface.
What Is Email API?
It is the acronym for an application programming interface. An email API is a medium for apps to access different features and functionalities of email platforms, ranging from sending emails to viewing email metrics and manipulating templates.
From the standpoint of businesses, email APIs simplifies messaging. Among other things, these tools improve the chances of deliverability which is important for marketing campaigns. Also, email APIs help businesses build trustworthy customer relationships.
How To Use It?
Once you know how to send emails by using email APIs, you can send bulk emails effortlessly. The ability to send many emails at once saves time and helps you accomplish marketing-related tasks with ease.
Here’s a list of the steps you need to perform to send emails using Google email API.
- Visit Gmail API and accept the terms of service to choose a project
- Next, press the “Library” tab. You will see the option to enable Gmail API. Click on this option.
- Upon enabling the API, you will see a dashboard. Click the option “Create credentials” and then choose OAuth client ID from the dropdown menu that follows.
- When you see the button by the name of “Configure consent screen,” click it. Next, you will see a page with several options.
- Thereafter, make sure you download a JSON file. It must have the requisite credentials. It will come in handy for you at the subsequent stages.
- Choose a quick start guide based on the technology that your app supports.
- Next, choose an API client library.
- Next, create an email and send it. You can also attach an attachment to your email. Also, you can read an incoming email.
You can follow a similar procedure to use other email APIs.
Benefits Of Email API
Email APIs bail developers out of trouble on most occasions. It saves their time which is a valuable asset for any professional. Plus, it also enables them to connect with different providers through a single source.
These days, email APIs have become a must for teams of all sizes in business organizations. Apart from email hygiene, the scope of the benefits of APIs stretches to several other fronts. These include the following:
- Integration of email functionality with software applications
- Savings in cost
- The accomplishment of email-related tasks in quick time
- Quick implementation
- Dashboards with analytics and reports
- High deliverability
- More reliability in service
- Enterprise-grade security
- Ease of use
Additionally, there are also some other advantages that email APIs bring to the table. These include analytics, personalization, and a higher degree of email deliverability.
Goods-based businesses that rely on email marketing need to measure the success of their campaign from time to time. Email marketers need to track real-time analytics to make changes to their campaign strategies from time to time.
They need to know how many email messages are opened, rejected, and clicked by their business prospects.
Distributed denials of service attacks, internet outages, and other interruptions prevent emails from entering into recipients’ email inboxes. Email APIs ensure higher email deliverability by helping users overcome various hurdles. Moreover, most email API service providers have a system to monitor their servers round the clock. With constant monitoring of email servers, they help their clients ensure the proper deliverability of emails by overcoming server-related issues.
From developers’ standpoint, using an email API helps insert code with ease effortlessly. A developer can utilize the duration of time they can save with email APIs for other productive purposes.
From the above, it stands out that an email API is important for many reasons. From integration of email functionalities to high scalability and deliverability, email APIs have many uses that simplify matters for businesses and developers alike. Integrating an email API with an existing app will give you a competitive edge with the benefits above. Follow the tips for a solid email API strategy to Integrate an email API now to find it out yourself.