Chrome is no doubt the reliable, modern, and one of the most advanced browsers out there. Meanwhile, Chrome is not without faults. Users frequently report having issues and errors with chrome. “Err_cache_miss” is also one of those errors that users have faced in Chrome, which we are going to solve today.
If you have faced this error in your Browser, then catch up with us till the end of this guide to fix this problem properly.
“ERR_CACHE_MISS” by the name we can get that this problem is related to caching and cookies in the browser. This error might arise due to errors in extensions, errors in the cache, and cookies handling. This error or issue actually belongs to a particular website or web app. If you are a developer, this error might arise if u are testing your faulty or incomplete code.
Causes of “ERR_CACHE_MISS” Error:
Let’s sum up the total causes that will cause this problem in your browser. They are:
- Cache and Cookies problem
- Broken extension issues.
- Running Faulty code (if you are a developer)
- Broken sites issues
6 Easy Solutions: “ERR_CACHE_MISS” Error
Like our old articles, we will mention different methods to solve the problem. Follow the solution one by one, and by the end of this article, your error will be fixed.
Note: This article is for window 10 users. If you are using other versions of windows, the steps are similar. Just follow it.
Solution 1: Reload the webpage.
If you are getting the ‘err_cache_miss,’ then it might be due to your connection and network issue. So reloading the webpage may help. Even if the issue is cache or cookies related, most of the time, the cache and cookies problems can be fixed by reloading the respective webpage in which the problem has arisen. Try Reloading the webpage. If it doesn’t work for you, then don’t worry. We have more ways to fix this problem.
You can reload the webpage by clicking the reload button on the top left side of the browser. Alternatively, reloading can be done by clicking the F5 button or through CTRL + R if the F5 button is absent in your pc hardware.
Solution 2: Restart your Browser
Browsers are the software or programs that are made for browsing web pages and websites available on the internet. Browser is taking loads of all the data and information daily. Along with this data and information, they may sometimes take faulty cache and cookies with them. So these problems arise.
Restarting your browser will give it a rest and the environment to renew its faulty caches and cookies. So first, try restarting your Browser.
Also Check: How to Fix No Sound on Youtube Problem
Solution 3: Update your Browser
Many problems arise while you are using an outdated and old version of browsers. If you face the ‘ERR_CACHE_MISS’ Error, it will be a smart move to update your existing browser to the latest one.
If you want to update the browser to the newer version. Then head over to the Setting tab and About Chrome Section.
Check if your browser is up to date. If it isn’t then make sure to update it to the latest version that exist.
Solution 4: Clear Cookies and Browsing Data
Websites require cookies and caches to take information from users and increase their experience on-site more. Cookies track users’ different characteristics on the site, while cache helps make the page load faster for the users. Cookies and Caches are stored in our browser or our own local machine. Sharing of Cookies and Cache or mishandling of it may leak some sensitive information about the user.
Below are the steps to follow to clear cookies and cache from your browser. Follow these steps properly to do this properly.
- Open your browser ( Chrome in this case because this error is mostly in chrome, so ). After opening your browser, click on the menu.
- After Clicking on the Menu Button ( 3 dots located on the top-right right corner.) Click the Setting option from the menu.
- Once you click the setting option from the menu bar. Chrome default setting page, i.e., chrome://settings page, will open in your Chrome browser.
- When u get the Chrome setting page, click the Privacy and Security option from the setting page’s left side. Then, You will be located in the Privacy and Security section of the setting page in the settings page.
- After u are brought to the Privacy and Security section of the Setting Page of Chrome, click on the ‘Clear browsing data’ option located there. The main action of handling and removing cookies and caches starts here. Follow with me to do it properly now.
- A popup will open in your Chrome Browser when you click the ‘Clear browsing data’ Option from the Privacy and Security Section of the Setting Page. You Have to Select and deselect the few options in the popup to properly clear cache and cookies in your browser. I hope You have followed everything properly till now. Let’s hop into the further steps now. Follow and select the exact options I have selected below in the pic. Go to the Advanced tab in the popup bar. Then after that, Select ‘ All-time ‘ from the dropdown in the time range section. Deselect those first two default options ( Browsing History, Downloading History). Make sure those third and fourth options are selected (Cookies and Cache Mentioned in the option). Finally, Click on the ‘Clear data’ button.
Deleting the Cache and Cookies is proven to be one of the most efficient ways to solve the err_cache_miss Error. This method has worked for almost 70% of the people facing this error. I hope this has helped you and your problem is solved.
If this method has not solved your problem, continue to another process to solve the problem.
Also Check: Fix Youtube Comments Not Loading Problem
Solution 5: Remove unused Extensions
Chrome extensions are the special browser-based programs to make your work easier while on the browser. Extensions are of different types with their own respective specialty. Most Extensions are useful while some extensions might be harmful and dangerous to your browser if installed from unknown sources and without knowing its proper use.
Here are the ways to remove unused and defective extensions from your respective Browser ( Chrome in this case ). Follow through it properly to delete the extension.
- Click on the Menu option on the top right side of the Chrome browser. And select the setting option. A settings tab will open in the browser.
- After the Setting tab is opened in your browser. Head over to the Extensions option on the bottom left side of the setting page.
- A new Extensions page will open in your respective browser from where you can manage and remove your installed extensions. There is a details button for you to get the information about the selected extension. And You can delete/remove the extension by clicking on the ‘Remove’ button that is in the respective extension box. Meanwhile, you can disable your extension by clicking that blue thing if you don’t want to Perma delete your extension.
Following the above-mentioned ways, you can permanently delete the extensions from your Chrome browser. And you can also disable the extension temporarily if you wanna check if the extension is the issue problem without Perma deleting the extension.
If removing the extensions didn’t work for you to solve the error then You can follow the other method mentioned below.
Solution 6: Windows Command Prompt Method
Windows Command prompt is the CLI application or program where we can execute commands that we want to run on the system. Command prompt is the powerful Command Line Interface (CLI) tool which is very useful to do some extraordinary powerful or normal task with the help of commands. It’s powerful and dangerous at the same time. If you run the wrong or improper commands it may screw up your whole system too.
Now Let’s begin the steps to fix this problem through the command line.
Open Command prompt. You can open the command prompt by clicking on the windows menu and searching the command prompt on the search bar and selecting it. Otherway, You can Open the run box by clicking CTRL + R and type cmd, and Hit Enter.
Once you have your command prompt open. Execute the following command mentioned below.
netsh int ip setnds
netsh winsock reset
After executing these commands properly. Restart / Reboot your system once to let the changes to happen in your system. If you have followed us till this point of the blog. Then the issue must have been fixed. If it hasn’t then don’t hesitate to head over to comments sections for further help.
Solution 7: Reinstall the application
If none of the above-mentioned methods has worked for you to solve the ‘err_cache_miss’ error then, the last option is reinstalling the Chrome application. First, you have to uninstall the application from the Control panel and delete all the LocalAppData and AppData as mentioned above. Then restart your computer and install the Chrome app again.