Netflix has lately become popular among the people as they are using it to enjoy the movies and series. This video streaming platform has wide variety of TV-shows, movies, documentary and many more which can be accessed by the Netflix subscribers in various devices. But sometimes while viewing the Netflix it throws the weird error i.e error code m7353-5101. If you are also facing the similar error code then follow the article. We will share what is error code m7353-5101, the causes and solution for the error.
Causes for Netflix error code m7353-5101
This is the most common error you face when there is conflict between the Netflix server and the browser. You can’t see the Netflix video normally. There are various reason for Netflix error code m7352-5101.
- Conflict between the Browser and Netflix
- Storing of unnecessary Cache
- Conflict caused by broken plugins
- Use of incognito mode
- Problem with Widevine Content Decryption Module
- Outdated version of Windows/ Browser
Solutions for Netflix error code m7353-5101
Now you have got idea about the problem why does this happens, let’s move towards the solution. Below we have mentioned all of the solutions that have worked for our readers.
Your Netflix error can be solved by following either the first solution or you have to move all the way to the last solution following each solutions, but we can guarantee that after following all of the mentioned steps, you will no longer see the Netflix error code m7353-5101.
Solution 1: Disable the Plugins
As mentioned in the causes for Netflix error code m7353-5101, the conflict between the plugins in your browser can cause the Netflix error code m7353-5101. So the first step is to disable all the plugins in your browser so that you can solve the error code. Follow the steps below to disable the plugins from your browser.
As the Netflix error code m7353-5101 is seen mostly in Chrome, we will use example of Google Chrome. If you are using any other browser and still see the issue then the procedures are similar. You can google about how to disable the plugin.
Below we will share multiple method to disable the plugin for Google Chrome.
- Press the three vertical dots on the top right side of the chrome
- After that, click on More tools, then “Extensions”. Then you will see the
- After clicking the Dots, click More Tools, and choose Extensions from the menu. Then you can view the list of your currently active chrome extensions like in the screenshot below.
From the chrome extension page you can disable the plugin by sliding the button at the left bottom side of the extension/ plugin page. After disabling all the extensions go back to Netflix page and check whether you can still see error code m7353-5101 or not. If you no longer see error code m7353-5101 then go back to extension page and remove the plugin that is causing the problem.
If you don’t like clicking on three dots and setting and different steps then you can directly go to the extension page by clicking here.
Once you are in extension page you can follow the steps mentioned above,
Solution 2: Clear Cache and Data
If disabling the plugin doesn’t work for you, then you can try clearing the cache and data. If you don’t know how to clear cache and data then follow the steps below.
To make this steps quicker you can use the shortcut key below to clear the cache, if you don’t want to use shortcut key then we will mention the step by step method as well.
For Mac: Cmd+Shift+Delete
For windows: Ctrl+Shift+Delete
If you are not comfortable with using shortcut keys then follow the steps below to clear cache and other datas.
- On your browser click on the three dot which you can see at the top left corner.
- Then go to settings.
- Alternately you can open the Chrome settings by going to chrome://settings page.
- When you are in Chrome setting page, click the “Privacy and Security” option which you can see at the left side of screen.
- Once you are in “Privacy and Security” setting click on the ‘Clear browsing data‘ option located there.
- Once you have clicked it, you will see an popup like below which gives you option to clear cache, history from your Chrome. Select the “Cached images and files” and “Cookies and other site date“. In the Time Range you can select from different time range but we suggest you change it to “All time” and clear all of the internet cache.
Once you have cleared all of the internet cache you should be able to watch Netflix without error code: m7353-5101 If you are still seeing the error code then follow to next solution.
Solution 3: Checking for Proxy Misconfiguration
Even after clearing the cache and removing the plugin doesn’t solve the error code m7353-5101 in Netflix then the problem may be with the proxy (if you are using) or there may be some misconfiguration with the proxy.
Netflix is very strict about the use of proxy and VPN so you have to check whether you are using any proxy or not.. If you are not using any of the proxy then follow the following steps:
- Click on the three dot on the top right corner of the browser.
- Then Go to “Settings” and scroll down until you see something saying “Advanced“. Then click on “System Setting”.
- Then Click on “Open Proxy Settings” then click on LAN, located in the “Connection Tab”
- Then uncheck the option to “Use Proxy Server for LAN” and also check the option to “Automatically detect” settings and click on OK.
Once you have done the above changes restart your PC and you should now open the Netflix without error code m7353-5101. If you are still seeing the error then move on to next solution.
You can also try flushing the DNS after doing the above mentioned step.
netsh int ip setnds
netsh winsock reset
Solution 4: Update the Chrome’s Widevine Content Decryption Module
Most of our visitors who are using Chrome and seeing the Netflix error code: m7353-5101 reported that, by simply updating the Chrome’s Widevine Content Decryption Module solved the issue. If you don’t know what is Chrome’s Widevine Content Decryption Module, then don’t stress out. You don’t have to know what is this and how this will work. Just follow the steps mentioned below to make sure Chrome’s Widevine Content Decryption Module us up-to-date if not then just click on update.
- Click this link and open in your Chrome Browser.
Note: This will only work on chrome broser.
- Once you have opened the above link you will see the list of Chrome’s Widevine Content Decryption Module. Simply click on “Check for Update” on each section and if the update is available then update the Chrome’s Widevine Content Decryption Module.
After updating Chrome’s Widevine Content Decryption Module the Netflix error code: m7353-5101 should be disappear.
Solution 4: Never use Incognito mode
As mentioned earlier Netflix is strict about using the VPN or proxies. Only few premium VPN can bypass the Netflix firewall. Like that Netflix is strict about the incognito mode. If you are using Netflix in incognito mode then its better to open Netflix in normal browser.
You can also try changing the browser if it doesn’t work for you.
Now that you have followed all the above mentioned solutions ,Netflix error code m7353-5101 shouldn’t be the issue now. If your friends are also suffering from the same problem share the article with them as well. Also if you have followed all the above mentioned steps and your problem is not solved yet then comment down below. We will work together to solve the issue, as our primary goal is to solve your problem and help you.