Making every effort to find a functional way to back up Android on Mac computer? For the different OSes, it is slightly difficult to transfer the Android files on the Mac computer. But it doesn’t mean that we can’t find effective approaches to back up and restore Android data on Mac. Instead, we can get 3 efficient and reliable ways in this post.
Part 1: Importance and Advantages to Back Up and Restore Android Data on Mac
Undeniably, mobile phones have become crucial in the current society, and we are accustomed to storing data on the phone. So, to keep the Android data safe, we’d better back them up. Besides, there are many advantages to back up data.
- Free up more storage space on Android after the backup.
- Do the factory reset without worry.
- Update the Android OS without losing data.
Of course, only the backup is not convenient enough. Restoring data is also necessary. If you know how to restore the backup from your Macintosh computer to Android, you can quickly get and use the file you need. And here are other advantages of restoring data in the following.
- Import contacts to the Android phone without typing one by one.
- Install your favorite apps without downloading.
- Conveniently get and view the memorable photos.
Part 2: 2 Free Tips of How to Back Up and Restore Android Files on Mac
Way 1. Android File Transfer
Have you heard of the Android File Transfer? It is a program that can help you browse and transfer the Android data on the MacBook. Thus, you can use it to back up and restore Android files on Mac. However, you cannot directly drag and drop contacts, text messages, and call logs with it.
- Easy and Reliable to Use: It can let you access your Android device on Mac after the USB connection.
- Transfer Multiple File Types: Support to back up and restore Android’s pictures, music, videos, and other documents on Mac.
- Supported OS: Compatible with Mac OS 10.7 or upper, and Android 3.0 or later.
Method of Use:
- Download the Android File Transfer program on the Mac, open and drag it to the Applications. Then link your Android device to the computer with a USB cable.
- Back up Android data to Mac: Double-click the software, and you can view the Android files and folders. Now, drag and drop the desired files to Mac for backup.
- Restore backups to Android: You can copy and paste data from Mac to Android for restoration.
Way 2. AirDroid
AirDroid is more compatible than Android File Transfer. It supports not only Mac and Android OSes but also Windows and Linux. It is simple to back up and restore Android files on the Mac laptop. You can also manage your contacts, receive and reply to WhatsApp, Facebook, Kik, and more messages on the desktop.
- Wireless Transfer: Transfer files between Android and Mac devices without a cable.
- Remote Management: Remotely access and control your Android handset on the computer.
- Notification Mirror: Receive the phone notifications and on the desktop.
Method of Use:
- Download and install AirDroid on Mac and Android. Sign up with a personal account and log in with the same account on both devices.
- Back up Android to Mac: Please tap your Mac computer on the screen. Then click the attachment feature and the “Files” icon. You can select the files you want from Android and press the “Send” button to transfer them to Mac.
- Restore files from Mac to Android: Please run it on the desktop and choose the “File Transfer” option. Next, choose your Android phone, and drag and drop the Mac data to the chat window. You will regain the data on your Android device.
Part 3: One-Click to Back Up and Restore Android Data on Mac
If you would like to transfer all Android data on Mac in 1 tap, please choose the backup and restore software – MobiKin Backup Manager for Android (Mac version). This software supports at least 8 data types on Android, such as messages, apps, contacts, photos, videos. Call logs, etc. Therefore, you can breezily back up almost all files from Android to Mac and restore the whole backups at a time.
- 2 Available Connections: It offers USB and Wi-Fi connections to users.
- Lossless Data Transfer: Copy your Android files on Mac with the original format and quality.
- Support Multiple Android Devices: Work with many Android phones and tablets, including Samsung Galaxy S20/S10/S9/S8, Huawei Mate 40 Pro/Mate 40/Mate Xs/Mate 30 Pro, Sony, LG, Google, OnePlus, ZTE, etc.
Method of Use:
- Download, install and launch the software on your Mac computer.
- Connect your Android device to the computer with a USB cable and enable the USB debugging mode on Android.
- Back up Android to Mac: Click the “Backup” option and select file types on the Interface. Then click the “Back Up” button to initiate the backup process.
- Restore backup data from Mac to Android: Please tap the “Restore” option and choose the previous backup data. Then you can tick off the types of data and hit the “Restore” icon to begin restoring them.
That’s it. Now it is hassle-free to use these 3 methods provided above to back up and restore your Android data on Mac. If your friends encounter the same case, you can teach them with these solutions as well. Let’s do it now.