Marketing Strategy – With millions of users daily using the platform, Instagram is a great platform to reach new customers and strengthen the bond with the existing customers. Instagram Stories, the central part of Instagram Marketing, was launched only four years ago, but it has gained a lot of popularity in a brief period. Today, more than a billion stories are posted every day. The figures are incredible and unbelievable. Its popularity and growth are proof of its success.
Why should you start to use Instagram Stories for your business?
- It gives you the freedom to post a wide variety of content.
- It helps your business to grow the number of audiences and to keep them engaged.
- It helps in generating leads. Statistical data shows that its lead generation is several times more than other platforms.
- It drives more traffic to your website.
- It helps you to connect with your target audience.
- It doesn’t show in the regular news feed of Instagram. So you can write stories frequently without worrying about overloading your profile.
How to use Instagram Stories in your marketing strategy?
- Use Instagram stories to interact with your audience
Instagram Stories has a lot of features like location stickers, hashtags, questions stickers, GIFs, chat stickers, emoji stickers, and quiz stickers that you can use to interact with your audience.
- Location stickers allow people to discover the location of your business, and it is beneficial for businesses related to travel.
- Hashtags increase engagement and strengthen brand image. It increases the visibility of your campaign. You also need to understand what is the best time to post on Instagram for maximum reach
- Question stickers build strong relationships with the audience. The audience can reply as many times as they want, which creates a strong bond.
- Using the right GIFs will attract the attention of the audience and will inspire them to know more about your product or service.
- When you add multiple choice quizzes on your stories, it helps in driving more audience. Interacting through quizzes helps in indirectly promoting your product.
- Set up polls in your stories to promote your product or service
Do you want to introduce a new product? Set a poll in your story. Ask for color preferences from the audience. Make them involved in the product launching to create brand awareness and loyalty. This will also give you a better idea of the tendencies of your potential customers. You will be able to provide what they like. Is your business related to sports-related products? Start a poll on which team will win or who will win in a crucial match? Collect the data from the polls and analyze them to use it in your marketing.
Create a brand identity with your stories
Instagram stories are highly visual. You can use them to create a visual identity for your brand. It helps the audience to recognize your brand. The colors and fonts that you use in your stories should be consistent and should make the viewers relate them to your brand. Creating brand identity speaks of the personality and values of your brand. This creates an emotional connection with your audience. It makes your story meaningful and more relatable.
Add behind-the-scenes stories
Behind-the-scenes stories help in increasing the trust of the audience by showcasing your transparency. It helps in building relationships. Building relationships is the main factor behind every successful Instagram story. Your story should show the people involved in your business and the manufacturing process. It communicates your personality and makes you look more human and approachable. The honest and transparent behind-the-scenes stories make customers fall in love with your product or service.
Adding links is vital to make the audience visit your website, generate leads, increase sales, and boost revenue. All the users have to do is swipe up on the screen to take them to your website. You should add images, videos, and engaging content to your stories to arouse curiosity in the audience and make them swipe up to visit your website.
Use mini videos in your story
There is a 15-second restriction to the videos posted in Instagram stories. However, you can post a sequence of mini videos when you want to tell a long story. All you have to do is to slice your video into smaller mini videos and make sure the flow is not affected. It is not going to cost you a fortune. You can use free video editing software to give you the best results.
Sharing customer testimonials is essential to boost the image of your business, to build trust, and to promote sales. Turn your customer testimonials into an exciting and engaging story. Success stories from customers attract potential buyers. It inspires the viewers to try your product or service. To get testimonials from your customers, you can provide discount offers, free offers, or exchange offers.
Go for user-generated content in your story
User-generated content is created by customers, audiences, and followers. It helps in building trust, creating a brand image, generating leads, and increasing traffic. It makes your brand more authentic and boosts engagement. The best thing is when your customers become creators, you can save your time and effort.
A study shows that user-generated content generates six times more engagement than brand-related content. It doesn’t sound sales-pitched but it can serve as a useful advertising tool.
Educate the customers with your stories
Share tutorials and demos in your story. Show the audience how to use your product. It creates a personal link with the audience and builds loyalty to your brand. It also helps you to establish your expertise in the industry.
Use Instagram story highlights
It is the best option to drive more traffic and to increase the 24-hours life of your story. Adding a highlight will make your story more visible. It makes sure that the audience doesn’t miss your story.
Stories have become an integral part of Instagram marketing strategy. With Instagram stories promising a high ROI, it is high time you used it to engage your audience and build a strong relationship with your customers.