Reason of getting irql_not_less_or_equal error with blue screen
When your suddenly displays the blue screen with the irql_not_less_or_equal error occur it can be too frustating because you can’t focus on your work what you are doing because they might occur frequently if it is not solved properly. I will mention some of the reason how irql_not_less_or_equal error may occur.
- The system file is damaged. System file corruption may be caused by a virus attack or malware infection of a Windows system file or a Windows operating system related program file.
- The driver is not compatible. After installing the new hardware, its driver conflicts with the previous driver, resulting in BSOD.
- Windows updates or downgrades to install Windows. Windows updates or downgraded installations may cause system files to be improperly replaced, and conflicts between different versions of Windows.
- There is a problem with the hardware. Such as motherboard or RAM is damaged.
- Corrupted registry. The recent installation or uninstallation of the software may result in registry corruption.
- The software is not installed correctly.
5 ways to Fix the irql_not_less_or_equal error
Solution 1:Udate the system Drivers
As we have discuss in the previous topic about the system service exception we can even solve this irql_not_less_or_equal error too.
In most of the case outdates system drivers are the reason for the irql_not_less_or_equal error. So, there are many ways you can update the system drivers. Most of the case windows update will update the driver but windows may not use correct driver version.
So, you can check them through the device manager. To check from device manager you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- In the task search for “Device Manager” and open it.
- Once you have opened the Device Manager double click on the branch of hardware that requires update.
- Right click on the hardware and select “Update Driver”
- Then select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and follow the onscreen steps.
If you find any difficult to search all the drivers one by one then you can use third party software which can scan all the outdated drivers and update them to the latest version too. The best two options may include IOBit’s Driver Booster and Snappy Driver Installer which is free of cost and they works fine to update the drivers.
If this also doesn’t solve for you then move on to next solution.
Solution 2:Windows Memory Diagnostic
- First search memory diagnostic from the search bar which is located on the taskbar then
- When you click the Windows Memory Diagnostic app then dialog box will appear then you can choose the first option where your computer will restart and it will check for problems and even it is recommended by the windows itself.
- Then your computer will restart then it will to diagnostics.
- After it finishes all the test then again your computer will restart and then your problem might be solved.
Solution 3:Enable write catching and update your disk drivers
- 1. First open device manager from the search bar.
- Then you can down you can see disk driver, you can open the down menu by double clicking it.
- Right click on the option then you can go to policies and make sure you have enable write catching on the device.
- After enabling write catching you need to go to the driver which you can see on the right of the policies where you have to search the recommended drivers according to your computer need.
Solution 4:Run “misconfig”
- Open Run by pressing windows button on the keyboard and R at the same time which will open a dialog box like the image below.
- Then click on OK then one dialog box will appear where you have to go to Boot and then enable safe mode like the image below.
- Then after clicking OK then dialog box will appear asking you to restart where you have to click on restart now and it might solve your problem.
Solution 5:Open Computer Restore option
- First you have to search recovery on the search bar then there will appear one application like on the below image.
- Then open the open system restore.
- Then select the last installed porgram and click on next.
- After clicking on the Next, your computer automatically restarts and reached to your last installed program and again reinstall it which may solve your problem.
Hope your error is solved
I hope your problem is solved because it might annoy you because this type of error may distract you from your concentration and you can do your work. So, all the ways I have mentioned above might fix your issue and if it is fixed once then it wont appear so you have to do the above steps clearly then you can easily solve this error.
But incase this error still remains in your computer then you can contact to your manufacturer because it might be the physical issue either with mother board or RAM.
If you have any other fixes for the system service exception error in Windows 10, we’d love to see them in the comments below.