Leaking Shower: Signs and Possible Causes
Having a leaky shower is a royal pain, especially when you are low on budget and have many other things that need your attention. So, let’s get straight to the point, what are the possible signs of a leaky shower, and what could be the cause?
Looking for a plumber in Bromley is difficult and when they do arrive, pointing out what is wrong can take hours. Let’s try to understand what you need to look for before you call the plumber.
Signs of a Leaking Shower
How will you know your shower is leaking without the obvious signs? There are certain signs that will guide you to pinpoint what is wrong in your bathroom.
Mentioned below are 3 main ways through which you can identify a shower leakage.
- Musty Smell
This is the first clue that you will find in your shower. The smell of an old basement with mold should startle you. The smell means that water is not drying up and thus causing that foul odor.
- Water Stays on The Shower Floor
The ceiling below the shower will probably have stains or a visible watermark. That is the biggest identifier that water is leaking from the shower.
- Increased Water Bill
If you have a high water bill, that is a big sign that your water is leaking. If the water usage is less, but the bill is high then that needs to be looked at. Call a plumber to get it fixed immediately.
What Are the Causes of a Leaking Shower?
We previously discussed the signs indicating a leaking shower, so let’s discuss the causes.
- If there is grout build-up in the shower head, then the water can leak from your shower. Grout build-up, crack in the shower head, or just being in an off position could lead to a leaking shower.
- In the shower tray, if the sealant used to join it was not adhesive enough or had openings within, it could cause leakage. However, if the shower tray is also misplaced or moved for any reason, it could cause shower leakage.
- The bathroom floor and walls are filled with a special adhesive to ensure water doesn’t seep in. If there is grout production between tiles, which causes cracks, the water will leak, thus damaging the floor.
- If the shower hose has become old and worn out, the best solution is to change it from time to time to avoid a bigger plumbing issue.
- A faulty drain connection under your shower could also be the reason for your leakage. Call immediate help if that may be the case.
A leaking shower could cause a lot of damage if left untreated. Therefore, it is necessary to call your local plumber to come and fix the issue as soon as possible. You are now aware of the signs of a leaking shower and the possible causes, so go to the phone book, look for a plumber in Bromley and then proceed to call them immediately. They will arrive on time and ensure that all the leakage is taken care of.