“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” This is what a Teacher can do. The CBSE UGC NET is a National Eligibility Test to select aspiring teachers for either Asst. Professor or Junior Research Fellowship or both within various Indian colleges / universities.
CBSE UGC NET takes place for testing the capability of the candidates for the preferred positions. Until 2018, the CBSE UGC NET was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), but since then the National testing Agency – NTA conducts the exam. Check the brief details about the exam below.
- Name of the EXAM: University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test – CBSE UGC NET
- Organizing / Conducting body: National Testing Agency – NTA
- Exam level: National
- Exam mode: Online – computer based
- Exam duration: 180 minutes ( 3 hours)
- Frequency of conducting exams: Twice every year – June & December (Exams got postponed due to COVID-19 last year)
- Language Medium: English / Hindi
- Helpdesk number: 0120-6895200
- Mail helpdesk: Ugcnetfirstname.lastname@example.org, Queries.email@example.com
- Official website – nta.nic.in
Read on to the end for CBSE UGC NET 2021 if you want to serve the masses by offering knowledge as a Teacher.
Important Dates for CBSE UGC NET 2021 Aspirants
The December cycle of the exam was postponed to May 2021. Check them below.
- CBSE UGC NET 2021 Application (December 2020 cycle): Closed
- Application Form Correction: Over
- Admit Card Release: To be released
- Exam Dates: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th and 17th May 2021
CBSE UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
There are certain academic and age criteria which the prospective candidates to be eligible for the UGC NET exam. The criteria have been mentioned as below:
- Candidates who will be planning to take the exam next time must have scored at least 55 % in aggregate in the Master’s degree or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Candidates in their FINALyear of post graduation are eligible for the post of Junior Research fellowship along with the Asst. Professorship.
- There are NOage restrictions for the candidates appearing for the Assistant Professorship through the CBSE UGC NET. While the candidates willing to join the Junior research Fellowship program have an age restriction of 31 year as on 1st March 2021 (Maximum age limit).
- Candidates belonging to the Reserved categories have a relaxation of 5% in their Post Graduation scores.
- The age relaxation for the candidates from the reserved category is 5 years.
- Those candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test before June, 2002 will be considered exempted from taking the CBSE UGC NET examination.
CBSE UGC NET Application Process
Candidates willing to appear for the CBSE UGC NET exam in future will have to apply in ONLINE mode through the official website.
We have provided a step – wise procedure for filling out the application form:
Step 1: Visit the official website – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in and click on ‘Apply Online.’
Step 2: Enter the personal details as asked in the form for registration.
Step 3: After registration, the candidates will receive an automated generated Registration number on the entered email id / phone number.
Step 4: Login with the registration number received and select the subject, post that you are willing to apply for and the preferred examination center.
Step 5: Applicants will be then redirected to upload their scanned documents – photograph and a scanned signature.
Step 6: Post uploading scanned documents, they will have to pay the examination fee in the online mode only.
Step 7: Once the payment is successful, download the receipt of the same and keep a track on the official website.
CBSE UGC NET 2021 Admit Card
Registered candidates will receive a notification on their registered email / phone number when the admit card is live on the website. Students can download the admit card following the below mentioned steps:
Step 1: Login to the official website using the registration number and click on the link for Click here for Admit card.
Step 2: The admit card will appear on the next screen.
Step 3: Download the admit card and take a hard copy (printout) of the same for further references.
CBSE UGC NET Exam Pattern
CBSE UGC NET consists of 2 papers:
- Paper 1 consists of 50 Questions carrying a total of 100 marks.
- Paper 2 consists of 100 Questions carrying a total of 200 marks.
- Total duration is 3 hours and total marks – 300
|Paper||Number of Questions (Total Marks)||Duration|
|Paper – 1||50 (100 marks)||
A total duration of 3 hours.
|Paper – 2||100 (200 marks)|
CBSE UGC NET Marking Scheme
For each correct response, the candidates will get two marks. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers. No marks will be given for questions unanswered/un-attempted/marked for Review.
CBSE UGC NET Answer key
Candidates can check their responses for the CBSE UGC NET exam once the provisional answer key has been released by the authorities. The applicants can challenge the answer key by paying a fee of INR 1000 per question they wish to challenge.
The fee paid for challenging the question(s) will be REFUNDABLE only if the question is found to be guilty by the authorities.
How to download the CBSE UGC NET Answer key?
You can download the CBSE UGC NET answer key by following the simple steps as mentioned:
Step 1: Login to the official website of the CBSE UGC NET using the registration number and password.
Step 2: Click on the link “Download the answer key and your Response sheet.”
Step 3: Once downloaded, you can verify your response by matching it with the answer key and challenge the same on the official website only.
CBSE UGC NET Result
Follow these simple steps to view your CBSE UGC NET result:
Step1: Visit the official website of the exam.
Step 2: Click on the link: Then check the result.
Step 3: Enter the details being asked, and click download result.
Do’s and Don’ts for CBSE UGC NET
Check the Do’s:
- Read all the instructions mentioned on the admit card carefully, so as not to miss any details.
- Reach the examination centre an hour early to avoid any unwanted circumstances.
- Return the rough sheet provided to you and the admit card while leaving the examination center.
- Enter the details in the attendance sheet properly and verify them once entered.
- Do not forget to carry the mentioned documents along with a passport size photo (same as uploaded in the admit card).
- Do not carry any type of electronic devices such as smart watches, watches, mobile phones, etc.
- Do not carry any eatables or water bottles inside the examination center.
Candidates with medical conditions will be allowed to carry some eatables, barring any kind of packaged foods, and a transparent water bottle.
Things to carry inside the Exam Hall
You need to carry the following documents:
- Admit card – hard copy
- 1 passport size photo – same as which has been uploaded and entered in the admit card.
- A photo id proof.
- Pwd certificate – IF applicable.
The above information will guide aspiring teachers to take the CBSE UGC NET successfully. Bookmark this article for your reference in future. Applicants who are attempting the exam this year must take good care of their health with the surge in COVID-19 pandemic once again in India. They must focus on their final preparation and remain free from stress.