If you have a vacation rental, then Airbnb is the go-to application. After all, 150 million people use this website to book their vacations. Having a listing on Airbnb can be a highly profitable and enjoyable experience. Many hosts benefit from meeting people from all over the world and having an additional income due to this website.
While Airbnb offers highly-efficient solutions to home owners, it still comes with some cons. Lodgable users who are experienced Airbnb hosts have shared some of the most important advantages and disadvantages of this app:
Pros of Airbnb
- Source of Income – Airbnb can be a wonderful source of income. Based on your location you could be paid quite a lot of money daily by your guests. Based on the capacity of your home and pricing you can have a very clear understanding of your monthly income. You can edit the pricing and earn more after you gain reputation. Some people even have made a full-time job out of being an Airbnb host
- Communicating with People – being an Airbnb host is not just a technical task, it comes with the advantages of meeting new people. As an Airbnb host you can connect with people from all over the world.
- Easily Manageable – Once you get the hang of it, managing Airbnb listings is quite easy. While it can be time consuming in the beginning, there are many ways to help automate your business which will free up your time.
- Passive source of income – A lot of people have a dream to have income that is passive and allows them to do things that they enjoy most. Becoming a host on Airbnb allows for a lot of people to make this dream a reality. With many automation tools it can be easy to to make your airbnb be passive income.
Cons of Airbnb
- Unpredictable Situations – As an Airbnb host you will most definitely face hard situations from Wi-Fi connection problems to major damages. You have to make peace with the idea of these kinds of circumstances and always be prepared to deal with them with patience. It is not an easy task and definitely one of the biggest cons of being an Airbnb host
- Dealing with guests – communicating with guests will not be enjoyable all the time. You will meet people who like to complain and you will have to deal with them.
- Requires a lot of effort – As an Airbnb host you will have to put an effort into becoming a super host. You will have to reply to the messages of interested people all the time, you must be flexible and be prepared for the worst. On the bright side, you can always use channel management tools to reduce the amount of work this job requires.
All in all, Airbnb is an amazing platform and even with its cons, it is worth your time and effort. If you have a vacation rental and have not used Airbnb yet, do not lose any more time and start registration immediately.