In very simple words the digital transformation can be considered as the process of utilising digital technologies to transform the existing traditional as well as non-digital business process and services so that new ones can be easily created. This will always help in ensuring that consumer expectations will be met perfectly because the companies will be altering their existing ways of managing things and delivering value to the customers. The digital transformation is all about becoming the digital enterprise which very well means that organisation that will be utilising technology to continuously evolve around all the aspects of business models and focuses on deciding about how to transform.
The most important benefits of digital transformation have been explained as follows:
- It will help to increase productivity and will reduce the labour cost associated with the whole process because whenever the technology will be utilised in work the efficiency will be given a great boost. In this way, time and money spent on the training of new employees will be significantly removed and with the help of proper tools, the organisations will be able to keep the cost down.
- The digital transformation is all about improving the consumer experience and provides them with the best possible experience through multiple touchpoints like live chat, email, social media, mobile applications and several other kinds of things. Digital transformation is all about driving forces behind the improved consumer experiences.
- The digital transformation will always allow the organisations to become more competitive in the whole industry because choosing not to embrace digital transformation is the most common ways why organisations always lag in comparison to the competitors.
Following are the most common reasons why digital transformation into organisations fails:
- The people: People are the only thing that can make or break the organisations and people need to remember that culture is the top driver of digital transformation and is one of the most important six pillars of successful ones. So, if there is no proper focus on people and culture then the initiative will be bound to fail in the long run.
- Poor communication: Announcing any of the digital transformation initiatives is not the same as communicating about it and different kinds of leadership will always mandate changes without taking time to explain the aspect of why and how. So, if there is do not specific and actionable guidance in the whole process the transformation initiative will be of no use.
- The lack of measurement: Organisations can never enjoy a successful digital transformation if they are unable to define what success means to them. So, all the companies have to assume that success has to be monitored depending upon the key performance metrics which have been already established for the business organisations and in this way changing the business is important by paying proper attention to the monitoring of all these kinds of effects.
The organisations need to have proper access to the digital transformation strategy because the strategy is the plan of action to introduce, analyse and drive the digital transformation initiatives forward. This particular type of strategy will always help in defining the business goals which the organisations are interested to achieve through digital transformation. Having an effective digital transformation strategy at disposal will always allow the organisations to create the best possible framework throughout the ever-evolving process and will allow them to adopt the right kind of measures to improve the business performance. For this purpose having a complete idea about different kinds of metrics is very much important and some of the important metrics are mentioned as follows:
- The user login rates
- The productivity of the salespeople
- The opportunities created by the organisations
- The monthly sales volumes
- The prospect account with key fields
A very well thought strategy will always help in addressing how well the transformation will affect the employees and customers and the organisation needs to pay proper attention to the accomplishments of the teams so that progress tracking has been perfectly undertaken. These kinds of tools come into different kinds of firms and are the best possible resources that will help the organisations throughout the transition process. Hence, maintaining the right kind of balance between training, people, technology and various aspects is very much important so that overall goals are efficiently achieved and challenges are very easily overcome.