Catalogs are necessary marketing and sales tools, either print or digital. Whether you are endorsing a passion project or it is for the main work line, a catalog can assist you in acquiring new consumers and inspire the existing ones. By offering products and purchase data attractively and clearly, you make it simple for individuals to connect with the products and purchase them. Making a catalog might seem overwhelming if you have never carried out it before, but do not be anxious! Here is what you have to get started making and designing the product catalog.
Design & Content:
All the product catalogs have certain parts in common, such as a magazine. Every issue of the catalog ought to have a color scheme, a theme, a situation or location that goes with the Product Catalogue Design and pictures. Having a theme really binds everything together and strengthens the branding. Plus, changing the design or theme provides you a cause to get attention with the updated problem, even if the products have not changed much. The serial updates to the catalogs can make utmost-hit products seem new.
The catalog will require a section or a spread that explains the brand, who you’re, and everything else about you. It’ll sit near the front covers inside. You will require a section that shows the products, and you will also require the info about purchasing, ordering, and customer satisfaction and return policy. It ought to be near the back cover. The cover has to have a gorgeous design as if it were a magazine, introducing a theme. You can utilize the back cover as the promotional area with a new offer for encouraging individuals to open and go through it.
It can be the most tiresome part to gather and organize, but once you have made a database or spreadsheet with all of your product data you require, updating it is simpler. Group the products into categories for streamlining the repetitive data. The great news is that once you have made the database, it is helpful for both print editions and digital product listings. Every featured product ought to have the following info:
Note: Zero gravity chair help for your office and home.
- Product name: Go for the branded but memorable and clear title.
- SKU or Product ID#
- Catchy Description: It’s where you explain the product’s appeal. Make it consumer-centered, and provide them a cause to purchase. Write it like marketing copy, and keep all the descriptions close to that same length.
- Product details and specs (color, size, assembly, weight, place of origin, materials, and variations available, etc.)
- Delivery or shipping details
You might not utilize all of this info on the product detail pages in the print catalog. It’ll rely on how you will utilize the product catalog and the particular design.
Essential Layouts Templates:
The product catalog template has to have an identifiable visual rhythm for communicating with the consumers and take them through the product selection. Many catalogs pick some layouts and repeat them. It is both competent, and it can communicate with consumers without having to utilize words. You will desire variation between the product number per page.
A few pages may have one showstopper product, others may show a few products with beauty shots, and a few, in true catalog form, show a product grid, details, and prices. Here are a few types of layouts you require:
- The Category Collection Layout:
A large picture that presents all kinds of the same products next to one another, with consolidated descriptions of the product. (1/3 text and2/3 image)
- The Showstopper Layout:
A full-page picture having one main product and perhaps a few secondary ones; these are your products that are new or featured in the campaign.
- The Listing Layout:
It has a dense layout with a clear grid that competently lists the products and details on one spread for a complete category.
- A Marketing Layout:
It is a very visual layout with pull-quote way descriptions or advertising copy for advertising a particular brand ideal or product.
The product photography is the product catalog’s power. It’s what sells individuals on the products that they are not holding in the hands. The photography has to be top-quality and showcase the product in an inspiring manner. It also has to be uniform in appearance for consumer clarity. Again, the product photography may seem boring, but if you do such shots well, you will be utilizing them frequently, in online and print.
- All photographs ought to be well lit with clean information. See the same product from two to three angles.
- Shoot product collections relating to each other. Making visual relationships between products can encourage individuals to purchase them together.
- Shoot lifestyle usages for the product, individuals, or situations where the product is being worn or in use, so you can set off an affecting connection relating to the product.
- Shoot all the products with zero distractions in the background and with the same light. It reduces confusion, leaves more layout choices because the products will have matching highlights, and you will get that pro look.
- For the more complicated products, shoot the diverse pieces and parts and inner workings disassembled.
- Shoot close-up and tight detail shots of the products. Concentrate on the information that differentiates that product from others in the line or its competitors.
- Even if you do not utilize all such shots in a product catalog, by shooting all such options upfront simultaneously, you will have more deals later in the remaining sales and advertising materials.
How you print the product catalog will rely on who’s gonna view it, how many editions you want to do, and how you will distribute it. Do not forget that you can have several catalog versions. You may do a seasonal highlight of a product on the economy magazine, but the complete version for vendors might be something longer and last for a few years. Perhaps you could even alter the printing quality.
You may print the economy for the leave-behind, but the print standard color for something lasting. Whether the product catalog is created like a book that individuals would desire to read thoroughly and keep or a longer booklet is up to you, the intentions and the budget for it. The printing beauty on demand is that you can print 1, 20, or 200 in any format. Once you’ve the product photography completed and the copy written, the options are endless.