The earlier generation has a love-hate relationship with technology. While they have embraced much advancement such as computers and smartphones with open arms, they remain sceptical of relying on them fully. It will be naive of us to blame them for it since the technology that we don’t fully understand does warrant scepticism. There is one piece of technology though that has a link to their past, and feels familiar despite the many innovations. We are talking about Television or TV of course, and it is a link that goes way back to their yesteryears. Several reasons make Digital TV important for senior citizens. In this article we have explored and listed a few as below:
- Dependable – With digital TV, it is easier for elderly people to maintain their DTH connection with minimal efforts. There are very few instances of signal loss or maintenance issues. The issues can also be fixed remotely without having to wait for a technician’s visit.
- Ease of Use – With its clean interface, it is easy for seniors to operate the television. For example, the User Interface of Airtel Digital TV is optimized so that just in a few clicks you can get to your favourite channels. They can even monitor and manage their usage through the Airtel Thanks app on their smartphones.
- Cost-effective – The dish tv packages are designed in such a way that you can go for the annual packages to save money and get freedom from the monthly recharges. They also only need to pay for the channels that they opt for and enjoy making their channel pack.
- Flexible – You also get the option to change your base pack anytime, add or remove a channel according to your preferences. For Airtel Digital TV, this all can be accomplished through just sending a simple text from your registered mobile which is of great help to the senior citizens.
- Quality entertainment – With the Airtel dish tv packages,the customers can have total control over the content that they want to watch. If they do not want some of the channels, they can block them. The presence of censorship on the TV channel assures them that unsafe content will be kept away.
- Picture quality – Digital TV can provide higher resolution video quality with high definition. This type of content can be viewed easily by elderly people without straining their eyes. They can also enjoy their television viewing experience more through a high definition TV content.
- Smart TV options – If senior citizens have a smart TV they can also use a lot more functions on their TV. They can alternatively invest in getting the Airtel Xstream Box which will convert their TV set into a Smart TV and add functions such as Voice Search assistant.
The senior citizens can benefit from a lot of features of Digital TV and use it for several reasons effectively. They should choose one of the reliable providers such as Airtel Digital TV to ensure that they receive high-quality support.