VoIP software solutions are emerging as a path-breaking technology in the modern communication landscape. It has powered the telecommunication industry to move from using cumbersome hardware tools and devices to cutting-edge software solutions.
Today, VoIP service providers have an array of VoIP solutions and products that they can deploy to offer seamless, VoIP-enabled communication and collaboration to customers. These VoIP solutions range from ready-to-use products to customized software and tools. These tools and products also help VoIP service providers and VoIP development companies run their business efficiently and help increase revenue using multiple revenue-generating mediums.
What are these must-have products and tools that VoIP service provides should have in their kitty? Let us look at the top 3 products:
- Mobile SIP Dialer
The Mobile SIP Dialer app has revolutionized the global communication industry, by powering enterprises and individuals with uninterrupted communication channels that come with crystal clear voice quality.
Mobile SIP dialers use Session Initiation Protocol technology to initiate and manage calls. Since this is based on VoIP technology, it reduces costs significantly for users. This way, enterprises can enjoy advanced communication at cost-effective rates.
Mobile SIP dialers are a mix of two powerful technologies: VoIP and mobile app development. It uses SIP codec and protocol to make calls. SIP dialers are a tool that enables seamless, feature-rich communication, be it within an enterprise of with external customers. Using SIP to begin, conduct, and cut calls, Mobile dialers use advanced VoIP technology to offer HD voice quality to users.
Also, mobile SIP dialers are much more than just voice-calling applications. They also support other aspects of communication like video calling, instant messaging, file sharing, as well as three-way conferencing. Customer service executives at enterprises can initiate conference calls with customers without requiring them to download an additional app or software, and even when their employees are working remotely.
Besides these key communication features, mobile SIP dialers also come with other features like a phone book, last call redial, and call history, that make it an end-to-end communication solution.
Let’s look at some of the key features of Mobile SIP dialers that are making them an integral part of business communication systems.
- User-friendly graphical interface: This makes the application easy to handle for users.
- Seamless integration with mobile phone book: You can integrate your existing phone book with your mobile SIP dialer seamlessly.
- White labeling: Even though a mobile SIP dialer is owned by a third party, enterprises can customize it and use it with their own brand and logo.
- Robust security: Mobile SIP dialers provide end-to-end encryptions of calls and data, user authentication, and monitoring and tracking tools. This adds layers of protection to your communication.
- Make remote working seamless: The cloud-based communication and advanced UC tools of Mobile SIP dialers allow the customer service executives of enterprises to stay in touch with clients from anywhere.
- Easy integrations: Cloud-based Mobile SIP dialers enable easy CRM integrations to produce faster workflows and less human error.
- Codec support: One of the most outstanding features of mobile SIP dialers is its wide support of codecs. Codecs such as G729, GSM, Speex, and AMR are easily supported by this technology.
- Payment gateway integration: This feature has emerged as a critical part of business communication. Mobile SIP dialers allow smooth integration with any payment gateway.
- VoIP Softswitch
Telephones and switchboards date back to the early 1900s. But a lot has changed since then, as switching (or connecting two lines together) is powered by software now.
In today’s market, most networks comprise a variety of combinations of telephony switches and hardware. One of them is a Softswitch. A Softswitch is an automated version of a switchboard. It is a device within a telephone network and is controlled by a call agent that sends information to gateways, be it the Media Gateway, Access Gateway Control Function, or a Signaling Gateway. These gateways act as interaction points with the PSTN and with IP networks.
A Softswitch acts as a VoIP server allowing for telecommunication networks to provide management of voice, fax, data and video traffic, and call routing. A VoIP Softswitch enables calls between IP and traditional networks and facilitates functions like routing, billing, reporting, and monitoring of VoIP services. They also act as a link between VoIP and PSTN calls.
How does a VoIP softswitch work? When directed to make a call, a VoIP Softswitch first looks within its own database for the recipient’s IP address. If the Softswitch locates the IP address, it passes the request to another Softswitch until it locates the correct IP address. Alternatively, it hands the phone call off to the PSTN.
VoIP Softswitch can be divided into class 4 and class 5 Softswitch.
- Class 4 Softswitch: It is involved in the routing of larger volumes of calls. It operates on a larger scale and is a suitable option for long-distance and international calls.
- Class 5 Softswitch: It focuses on smaller areas and is suitable for domestic calls and within smaller geographical areas. It transfers a limited number of calls and has to connect to a Class 4 Softswitch to make international calls.
- Multi-tenant conferencing solution
Multi-tenant conferencing solutions are essentially used by contact centers to establish high-quality audio, video, and web conferencing programs. It enables them to address a mass audience effectively. It also empowers them to intensify distant collaborations and virtual events with crystal clear audio and video.
There are three kinds of multi-tenant conferencing solutions:
- Multi-tenant audio conferencing solution: It enables multiple users to connect over a single audio conference call and also creates a connection through a conferencing bridge with multiple tenants or called parties.
- Multi-tenant video conferencing solution: It allows multiple parties to collaborate using a single VoIP-based conferencing bridge. The solution uses open source software like WebRTC and Freeswitch to provide top-quality video communication.
- Multi-tenant web conferencing solution: It allows users to share their computer screens to connect with each other over the internet. This solution helps contact centers to address and handle the technical issues of customers in a more fruitful way.
Contact centers can gain a lot from using multi-tenant conferencing solutions. The advantages include easy customizations and upgrades and cost savings.
VoIP-powered communication is becoming commonplace in enterprises. As the corporate world gravitates towards internet telephony, VoIP service providers are increasingly adopting new, cutting-edge VoIP products and solutions in order to make business functioning seamless and enable their customers to reap the advantages of high-productivity and low-costs the come as a natural corollary with using these tools.