From regular usage especially those who make use of satellite, you are most likely to have come across your television display a message that reads no signal. While this sometimes happens immediately you switch on the TV, other times it comes up suddenly after a while watching the TV, and this applies to both HD TV as well as Standard TV. When this happens, how do you fix your TV? Fixing an issue of no signal is only possible when you are first able to detect the reason for the loss of signal. So, we shall be running through likely reasons why your TV is showing no signal before proffering solutions to it. Check out reviews of 32-inch tv at Productspy.co.uk.
Issues That Bring About ‘No Signal’ and How to Fix Them
There are many reasons why your TV is saying no signal which can be because of the TV or the satellite bringing the signal. Whichever it is, when this happens, there are 3 likely reasons which we shall be provided as well as how to fix each.
- It might be incorrect Input or source: This issue if incorrect input or source is likely to happen when it is only just one TV that is showing the no signal message. If this is so, fixing it very simple and direct.
How to Fix
- Check to be sure that your television is on the same and correct source as your cable or satellite box and that it is well connected.
- Put on the TV directly from the station, or you can do so by making use of the remote control.
- With the television on, locate the Input button on the remote control and press it to have several input options displayed to you.
- Go through all the inputs presented on the Television until you are able to locate the particular information that your cable is found and plugged into. This is determined by the cable you are connected to. Also, it is possible that you might not necessarily be connected to a cable, it might be your DVD player that you are related to.
- When you locate the input that your cable, satellite or DVD is connected to, click on it, and you will have the no signal message removed.
- It might be that the Cable or Satellite Needs Reset: When after trying the step provided in 1 above and your television still reads ‘no signal’ message, it is possible that a reset is needed. To effect this cable or Satellite reset, you have to follow these steps.
How to Fix
- Locate the power cable and remove it carefully from the Cable or satellite. In doing this, make sure to trace the wire carefully to be sure you are removing the right cable.
- Remove the cable for a while from the direct power supply after which you can plug it back to the setup box.
- At the time when you have plugged it correctly, leave it for a while to have it come up. When it does, locate the input button on your remote and select the right input to get the signal.
- When you have reached the signal, wait a while for it to initialise.
- After initialising, the channel will display, and the ‘no signal’ message will vanish off.
- It might be that the cables have been wrongly plugged: If after resetting your cable or satellite, you still have the no signal message displaying on your TV, then you have to check maybe there is a wrong connection somewhere.
How to Fix
- Start out by unplugging all cables from their sources and keep them unplugged for a while.
- Take your time to study all the cable ports to be sure of what is going where. In doing this, you can result in your manual guide for certainty.
- With an understanding of all the cables and their ports, you can now plug the HDMI cable and other cables into the right ports.
- See to it that all the necessary wires are well connected to the cable TV or satellite as well as the TV and make sure that they are properly secured in their place.
You do not need a professional or spending some money to have a ‘no signal’ message removed from your TV. All you need to do is to find out what is wrong and try to fix. All the 3 issues provided above are the major reasons why the ‘no signal’ message pops up on people’s television screen. With a solution provided for all the 3 problems, you can now fix these issues by yourself as soon as they appear.