What is Skillshare?
Skillshare is an American online learning community for those who want to learn from educational videos. They had free as well as premium subscriptions. The monthly package costs $15 per month, while the annual plan is $8.25 per month or $99 per year (billed annually). But using our method you can download any courses from skillshare for free.
Credit goes to original owner of the script who make the downloader script also to the member of TechRim @beast076 who edited this script and make it easy to use and save the courses in google drive. This method was shared to other forums before posting here so there is chance that you may had seen this method before.
Using this method all the video of the course that you wanted is saved to your google drive.
Short summary of the process:
We will run a python script in Colab that will download the course and will save that course to our drive. This prices contains four steps. First step is to authorize the google drive access to the code so that the downloaded course will be saved to drive. Second step is installing the requirements in the cloud. Third step is downloading the course from skillshare and final step is to move that files to the google drive. By this way we can get any courses from skillshare free.
Note: The Script ask you to prove read and write access to google drive. This is just to move the downloaded course to your drive and nothing more the script is 100% safe if you still have doubt you can check the code in github as it is open source 🙂
Now you know the basic idea of how we are going to do it. Let’s start the details steps.
- Open the link and wait few time to complete the script to load: https://colab.research.google.com/github/4vian5/skillsharedl/blob/master/Skillshare1.ipynb
- Click on the small play button before Run This Cell to Mount Gdrive. It will give some warning click on Run Anyway.
- Wait some time so that the script is executed smoothly.
- After the script is executed it will give you a link and asks to open the link click on the link and select the google account where you want to save the course.
- It will asks for some permission simply click on Allow.
- After clicking allow it will show some code simply copy that code.
- After copying that code move back to colab , paste the code and click enter.
- After entering enter wait some time and let script to run. When the execution is complete it will give ‘Mounted at /content/drive‘
- The first part is complete, now click on the box before Run This Cell to Install Skillshare-DL Requirements. This process will take some time as it will install the requirements in the cloud.
- After completion of the script it will give ‘ Successfully Configured! ‘. If you see this means you are ready to move in next step.
- Now get the link of the skillshare course which you wanted to download. For example I will download Wix Masterclass: Create a Stunning Wix Site this course. Here’s the link of the course https://www.skillshare.com/classes/Wix-Masterclass-Create-a-Stunning-Wix-Site/200789832?via=browse-rating-seo-layout-grid
- After copying the link paste it in the Course link box and hit the play button. It will download the course.
- Wait some time so that full course is downloaded
- When all the course is downloaded click on the box before Run This Cell to Move Downloaded Courses to Gdrive. This will move the course to your google drive we just downloaded.
- After clicking it wait some time, then open your google drive. There is a folder called Skillshare-dl. Open that folder and inside that you will get all the vides of the course you just downloaded.
That’s it we have downloaded the premium course from skillshare for free and without even registering. We are not responsible how you are going to use this method. Use it for good cause. IF you like this tutorial and want more like this keep supporting us and keep visiting us.