Gmail is a free, advertising-supported email service developed by Google. Users can access Gmail on the web and using third-party programs that synchronize email content through POP or IMAP protocols. Gmail has gain popularity because of its different features. So everyone create gmail account for personal or organizational need. There is a feature in Gmail which allow anyone to add custom email address ([email protected]) in Gmail called GSuite but it will cost 5$ per user per month. But what about using this feature for free? This article teaches you “How to Create Custom Domain Email in Google” and yes this is for free. Follow the step carefully to Create Custom Domain Email in Google.
1) Create a Gmail account
- Click Here to Create gmail account. Fill in the details for the form presented (a new email address. [email protected] usually works well). When it comes to the recovery email, don’t use the email address that you are planning to use with your Gmail account, otherwise you’ll never retrieve your password if you need to. Choose the email address that comes with your ISP perhaps or some other account you have access to. Or you can leave it blank.
- You should be ready to login to your account at this point. If you are new to Gmail, take note of some of the functions you will come to appreciate that are explained on the welcome page. E.g. Labels instead of folders (sort of the same but better – being able to assign multiple labels to an email helps you to really tightly define what an email is about), archive, built-in chat and video chat, and best of all…Google powered search! If you’ve ever suffered through Outlook’s painfully slow search function, just let Google power through your emails and sort them into the most relevant for your query. Heaven!
- Click the “Show me my account” button and you are automatically logged in.
Disclaimer: this article is not designed to teach you how to use Gmail. You will need to find your own way with that. This is purely to help people connect their domain name email accounts to use through Gmail.
ALSO READ: How to Post Automatically To Social Media
2) Create a Custom Account
Chances are, your web host also includes email hosting, or at least email forwarding. If you’re hosted by GoDaddy, 1&1, Bluehost or Hostgator, you definitely have email hosting. For hosts that don’t provide forwarding or hosting, checkout Mailgun as a free alternative.
Below are the instructions for each of those hosts. If you use a different host, look at the Hostgator instructions–chances are your host uses the same interface.
- Log into cPanel
- In the Mail section, click Forwarders
- Under the Email Account Forwarders section, Click Add Forwarder
- Type in the Address to Forward ([email protected])
- Select “Forward to email address” ([email protected])
- Click Add Forwarder
- Login to your account and click your name in the top-right.
- Select My Products from the drop-down
- Click the Manage button next to Workspace Email
- Click Create Forward
- Under Forward this email address, type the address you want to forward ([email protected])
- Under To these email addresses, add your Gmail address
- Click Create
- Login to your Bluehost account
- Under the hosting section click the email link
- Click the forwarding link
- Click the add email button
- Enter the address you would like to be forwarded. ([email protected])
- Choose your new Gmail as the destination for the forwarded email
- Click submit
- Log in to your 1&1 Control Panel and select the relevant package
- Click the Manage E-mail Addresses link from the Mail panel
- Click the Set up forwards link located in the right corner of the page
- Choose a name and domain for the forwarding address ([email protected])
- Type your Gmail into the Forward Target(s) box
- Click Save
3) Enable Gmail to send as yourdomain.org
This step will allow you to send email as [email protected] using Gmail’s SMTP servers.
- Go to this link. If you can enable “Less secure apps,” do so. If you get an error, go here to create an app-specific password.
- Return to Gmail, click the gear icon, then Settings
- Click Accounts and Import, then Add another email address in the Send mail as section
- Enter your name and [email protected], allow Treat as an alias and then Next Step
- Enter the following credentials:
- SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Username: The part of your gmail address that comes before “@gmail.com”
- Password: Your Gmail or App-specific password
- Port: 587 or 465
- Secure connection using: TLS for 587, SSL for 465
Now you have successfully know how to Create Custom Domain Email in Google. Hope this article will help you. If you have an problem please comment below and don’t forgetto Like our Facebook Page