Are you searching for “How to Create Free .edu email ?” Well, you are at the right place. Here, we have 5 working methods that will help you get an edu email for free. NOTE: Follow all the steps and you are good to go.
When you become a student of a particular university or college at that moment you will start looking for an opportunity to complete coursework for me, you will have a .edu email account with your name, for example, email@example.com. But if you are not a student and felt like I need a .edu email address then, this article is for you. And yes, this method is 100% free and working.
What are the benefits of .edu email?
Here are some of the benefits of having a .edu email.
1. GitHub Student Developer Pack
The first and biggest benefit of having a .EDU’s email address is the GitHub Student Developer Pack, the best free developer tools, and services for students. This student pack comes with 12 great offers and free services that may be useful to you, such as $15 Amazon AWS coupon, $50 Digital Ocean coupon and much more.
If you are planning to apply to .edu for the GitHub student Pack benefit then stop here. You don’t have to go through all the articles. Just read the FAQ Question number 2. We have it covered there.
Take a look at the list below:
- $15 Amazon AWS coupon
- $50 Digital Ocean coupon. It will be expired within 12 months after adding to your account – a new account only.
- Bitnami: Offers the Business 3 plan for one year that typically costs $49 per month.
- Crowdflower: Access to the Crowdflower platform.
- DNSimple: Offers the Personal hosted DNS plan for two years that typically charge $5 per month.
- GitHub: Offers unlimited private repositories while you are a student. Normally, GitHub charges $7 per month.
- $25 credit of HackHands, a live programming help that available 24/7.
- A suite of Microsoft Azure cloud services and developer tools: Microsoft Azure, Visual Studio Community, and the rest of Microsoft developer tools, while you are a student.
- NameCheap.com: Offer one year.ME domain name registration costs $18.99 per year – and one year SSL certificate costs $10 per year.
- Orchestrate Access to the Developer account that costs $49 per month, while you are a student. It’s a complete database portfolio, includes search, time-series events, geolocation, and graph queries through an API.
- SendGrid: Offers the Student plan with 15,000 free emails per month, while you are a student.
- Travis CI: Access the Private builds that charge you $69 per month, while you are a student.
2. Amazon Student Pack
When you use an .EDU email account and sign up for an Amazon Student account – you will be able to use this Edu email for Amazon Prime for free for six months, which has many benefits:
- Free TWO-DAY shipping on many Amazon products.
- Get unlimited instant streaming of movies, TV shows, and music.
- Access exclusive deals for students.
- Unlimited photo storage with Amazon Prime Photos.
LastPass offers six months of the LastPass Premium for any users with a .EDU email address.
4. Newegg Premier
Grab one year of Newegg Premier that costs you $50. Just sign up for the Newegg Premier account with your student email account.
You will help yourself saving a lot of money by using the .EDU email address to purchase products from Apple. There are changes to save up to $200 on Apple computers.
6. Microsoft DreamSpark
Grab Microsoft DreamSpark with plenty of useful software and a Microsoft Office 365 subscription for free.
The benefits list of .edu email is not limited in these only there are many other benefits like free domain name and much more.
Now let’s enter into the subject matter. How to get free .edu email. Follow the step below carefully to create free .edu email. This tutorial is divided into three parts. You can skip part 2(if you like).
Updated 2022 Method: (Method 1) For FREE Edu Email
Getting emails in 2022 seems to be difficult but still, there are few universities that are providing the edu emails. Just follow the article and you will get the .edu email at the end of the article.
- Go to this link and click on “Enroll as a New Student”
- Then click on “Step one Apply” and then “CCCApply”. The website uses CCCApply Portal to give the .edu email so first, we have to create the CCCApply account.
- After successfully applying from the CCCApply you will get your .edu email. I got my email within 3hr of applying. Here is the proof below.
- Note: You may have to reset the password a few times at first if you face a problem login to the account.
Login to the .edu email to the outlook.
If you still face problems while creating the CCCApply account then don’t worry follow the video below to make it.
Create a CCCApply account and Apply for the .edu email for free Video:
2nd method (Method 2)
Here is another working method for 2022 to get a free Edu email. This method was shared by our telegram member 🙂 We are proud to have such users who share such HQ methods/ techniques with us. This method for getting a .edu email is really easy and you can get the email within 3 days. (Because of this COVID situation the time for processing the application may vary so it may take some time.)
Without any delay, let’s move into the topic.
- First, connect to US IP. You can use any paid as well as free VPNs to do so. For writing this article I am using Express VPN.
- Go to this link to register for Illinois Central College.
- You will see different details to input in the field. You can get the details to enter from the OLD METHOD part. Get all the details and enter as asked.
Note: The age of the student should be more than 21 years. Keep in mind while entering these details.
- After filling in all the details click on Next Step
- For address, you can use any US address. (For better results you can use the Illinois address. In this article we are going to use the address of Florida just to show any address will work.)
- It asks for some details like phone number and email. For email enter your own email to which you have access. It sends all the Edu email details in the email you mentioned so it’s better to use your own primary email. In place of phone number enter any random number or you can use VOIP numbers from sites like text now and Twilio.
- After filling in all the details click on Next Step. It will ask some general questions. you can use the random answers or select the answers from the old method. (We suggest using the answers from the old method or follow the answers as mentioned in this article.)
- After this step, the Academic part is very important. You have to be more careful which you select. Selecting anything wrong may result in rejection and you won’t get the .edu email. If you didn’t get the edu email on the first try you have to change the program and apply again. You can change the time for joining the class as well. (For the example I have used the random course, it is not sure that you will get Edu email from the course I mentioned. )
- Select any university and the graduation year your like.
Note: Don’t put the gap of more than one 1year from your applying date to your graduation date.
- After filling all of these details you are at the end of the process. Now just select the “I certify …..” And click on Submit. It will as you to confirm again you submission just confirm again by clicking on “Submit the article”
That’s all for this method. You have successfully applied for the Illinois Central College. Now the only thing you have to do is wait for the reply from the university. We received the reply within 3 days from the University and successfully got the free Edu email address on the 3rd day. Hope you will also get the same from the university.
You can get an email address ending with .edu by just spending $5. And I think it’s better to spend that amount than spending your valuable hours. CLICK HERE TO ORDER
3rd Method (Method 3)
- Open this site to register and get a .edu email.
- Click On getting Started and then start applying NOW using CCCApply! [Or simply click on this link]
- If you already have a CCCApply account then simply create an account or click on sign in. I assume all of you have a CCCApply account as you all previously applied to any university for free .edu email.
- If you are creating the application look at the following screenshots to know what to fill. If you have already registered then you can use the same save profiled.5. Now if you followed the procedure correctly you will see the mail within 12 hours.6. After 24 hours of getting this mail you will get the password and email for your .edu email.Follow the exact steps mentioned above in the image to get your email in your outlook in 12 hours. Cheers 🙂
Now you have got free. .edu email. You can log in to this email through outlook.
Method 4 (Method 5)
This method is by @L00n1 so a big shoutout to one of our member of the telegram channel 🙂 He shared this knowledge. This method is still working too I added this to this website As the article has already been too much longer I will just give the university link the details to fill is same as the above one University link :
Note- You must be connected to US IP and Input a temporary Illinois address also Age should not be more than 21years old
Also, remember your SSN number you will need it to log in after your student email. An email will be activated in 3 days.
Method 5 (Method 5)
The sixth method is the Fortscott University method. During COVID they are not providing the edu email as their registration system must be closed. But after the cases of COVID are decreased you can apply to this university. The email from this university is working everywhere and it’s easy to create. It may take up to one 1week for the university to get the response.
Not sure either they are providing at this moment but they will start distributing the Edu email soon for sure. If you are reading this article other than 2022 you can give this a try you may get the edu email. For this email, I have attached the video feel free to watch the video :).
This is the end of this tutorial. In this way, you have successfully created free .edu mail. If you have any questions feel free to comment below and if you like this article don’t forget to share it with your friends.
FAQ for the edu email
- Is using the Edu email from this method legal?
Ans: We won’t say that creating the Edu email this way is totally legal. But doing so is also not totally wrong. So it is somewhere between legal and illegal.
- Can we get Github students to benefit from these emails?
Yes, you can get Github student benefits from an Edu email. But for many to get free .edu email or Edu email you have created from some methods as we have shared; GitHub may ask for the verification. For such verification, you have to submit the student card associated with the .edu email. As we don’t have such cards the request may be rejected.
- Does that mean we can’t get GitHub student ourself?
If you wanted to get the GitHub student pack only then you can do that without the edu email only. Yes, you heard this right you can get the GitHub student for free without any .edu email. For this register to GitHub using your Gmail account. Go to the student benefit portal and apply for it. It asks for your academic proof (for this you can submit your 11th or 12th grade admit card, identity card, or mark sheet/transcript). Note, The name of such documents should match with the name of the GitHub account that you created and the Gmail account you created.
Still worrying because you don’t have the transcript and all stuff. We have already shared this stuff on our telegram channel you can get it from there.
- I created the edu email but my friend purchases the .edu email from a seller. What is the difference between them?
No there is no difference between such accounts. The seller also creates an account like the method we mentioned above. You can get different scripts online for mass-creating the email or you can create your own scripts to create a mass account using python. (which we strongly discourage because it will spam the method and the university will stop providing the emails.)
If you don’t have many times for creating emails and want many emails then we have you covered. We have mentioned the shop link at the top of this article.
- I tried all the methods but none of them are working?
If you tried all of the mentioned methods and failed to create the account then don’t get panic and don’t do the hate comment. Just let us know all the mentioned methods are not working. We will work and come out with a new method.
- I got the edu email. For how many years will it works?
The answer to the questions depends on the universities. Some media accounts may work for about 4 years while some may expire after 6 months.
- What are the benefits of free .edu email?
We have already explained the benefits of the .edu email above. To summarize the benefits here are some.
- Free .tech domains or any domains from name.com
- Free amazon prime account for six month
- Github student developer pack
- Six-month last pass subscription for free
- Newegg one-year premium subscription for free
- Up to 200$ discount on apple and Microsoft and many more.
Note: For students, I have found a wonderful website for writing a doctoral dissertation